Monday, April 7, 2014

Rock It by Jennifer Chance

18587025

Netgalley ARC

     Lacey Dawes works at a talent agency that represents Dante Falcone, who just happens to be the guy of Lacey's dreams. She has followed his music career since it started years ago and went through a period of obsession with him.
     Lacey's dreams come true when Dante chooses her to be his temporary manager for his Dream It tour. She gets to spend two whole weeks in his presence! Although she tries to be professional the fangirl in her may just have to make an appearance.
     Dante Falcone has been in the music business for years and even though he enjoys the music and his fans he's getting burned out. When Lacey comes along she brings him relief and exactly what he needs.

     This book was definitely enjoyable for me. It was the first time that I had ever read about a rocker. I can't say that the story blew me away, but it was a fun and entertaining read. I found Dante to be a complete jerk to begin with but he made me like him by the end of the book. Lacey is a likable character but her "slight" obsession with Dante was a little annoying at times. I know that she is still young when she meets him but she seemed immature at points in the story. Overall, I really enjoyed the book despite its flaws. This is a book meant to be enjoyed for its entertainment factors not how well it is written.
     I gave this book 4/5 stars and recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment