Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Siren by Kiera Cass

    

      Kahlen became part of the sisterhood of sirens after she watched others give their lives to the Ocean. In that tragedy, she alone cried out for life, and the Ocean gifted her life in exchange for a hundred years. A hundred years of being a siren, of being a weapon to others. Kahlen always an obedient daughter lives her life as a siren doing just as she was told until she met Akinli. "Love is a risk worth taking."

     I struggled with deciding what rating I wanted to give this book. I so loved it, but there are a couple of things that bothered me as I read it. 1. Where did they get all this money to survive. I know Miaka sells her paintings, but what about the others? 2. Kahlen did not give away that much that Akinli should have suspected that something was abnormal about her. Other than those 2 issues I fell in love with this story. I've never read anything like this and truly enjoyed the magic of it all. Getting to know Ocean was wondrous, and I would have loved to learn more. I loved learning about each girl and almost wish I could have known more about their past but that wasn't possible due to the fact that it would have essentially ruined the story. It's rare to find a book that makes you contradict yourself. I loved it!

     I rated this 5/5 stars and highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment