Sunday, February 14, 2016

A Cure For Madness by Jodi McIsaac



     Clare Campbell is living in Seattle which is on the other side of the country from her family. She has tried to distance herself from the past, but now she has to go back home. Her parents' have been murdered, and she will have to be her mentally ill brother's legal guardian. As she and her uncle are trying to set up funeral arrangements, there is an outbreak of a horrible sickness. The scariest part about this sickness? It reminds her of the schizophrenic behavior of her brother. How can that be? How can a pathogen cause someone to behave that way? Suddenly, it gets more serious and terrifying for Clare and her brother when the government decides that Wes, her brother, is someone they want to study and examine more since this pathogen outbreak. In the end, Clare has to make a huge decision. Is she going to save her brother or the world?

     I really enjoyed this story with its realistic plot and action. I found myself thinking of what would happen if this outbreak would really occur. Jodi McIsaac did a fabulous job of researching and writing this story that pulls the reader in and gets you thinking of real life. There was a fair amount of action that made the book so easy to read. I loved that Jodi McIsaac put me, as the reader, in a place where I felt like I was making life-changing decisions along with Clare. And to end it all, she gave a great, realistic ending.

     I gave this 4/5 stars, and recommend it.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment