Saturday, February 27, 2016

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi




     A thrilling dystopian about a young girl whose touch is lethal. With one touch she can kill a person, and the Reestablishment wants to use her for their own plans. Juliette may be able to kill easily but that doesn't mean that she wants to, and she fights back with an escape plan as she joins a young man from her past. A young man that she has never been able to forget about.

     I really enjoyed this book, and since I listened to the audiobook and followed along in my book it was even better than expected. I enjoyed the voice that Audible.com gave the story when they chose Kate Simses to narrate. Kate's voice fits Juliette so perfectly it made the story come alive for me. I enjoyed listening to Juliette as she shared her personal thoughts with us. Her inner tug of war was fascinating as she allowed her true feelings to seep through but would fight back with the walls that she had constructed from a life alone. We are treated to bursts of action and romance--giving us a good mix to keep our attention. There is a great ending to kindle anticipation of Juliette's next fight.

     I rated this 4/5 stars and recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment