Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cheesy and Corny!

Cheesy, cheesy, cheesy! Corny, corny, corny! That being said, I liked this book! There were a lot of "Oh, my gosh", "Really?", "That's so stupid" exclamations coming from my mouth throughout the book because of the typical cheeseball plot, but I couldn't help finding myself imagining being on that road trip. The whole story line is so predictable, and I really didn't think that the writing blew me away. The magic was in the imagination of myself getting to be there with them. I do want to set the record straight about West Virginia. I do appreciate that the author actually knows that we are a separate state from Virginia (unlike so many other people), but it's not a cursed state, and we are not all like the crazy woman portrayed in the story. I do recommend this book to those who want to imagine themselves on a road trip never taken and don't care about a cheeseball plot.

Reunited by Hilary Weisman Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment