Thursday, March 21, 2013

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

I know this review will not be appreciated by some, but I have to be honest in my views.
I'll admit that it was a struggle for me to get into this book. I had seen all of the great reviews for the book, but once I started reading I had to keep asking myself what was wrong with me since I wasn't enjoying it much. I felt like there was a lot of rambling. I enjoy detail, but I felt like this was extreme story-telling that I didn't want to hear. After reading the whole book, I understand why there was so much detail, but I can't help but think that maybe some of it could have been left out or made more interesting. I do have to say that it became more interesting by the time that I got to page 62, and I actually started to somewhat like the book by page 100. Overall, I liked the book, but it contained a lot of unnecessary details. Also, there were many words and details about planes and war that I just couldn't follow. I got the gist of it all, but I think that it took away from the story. I really wanted to love this book. Honestly, it fell short of my expectations.
 
Code Name Verity

No comments:

Post a Comment